Generally speaking, I’m not a big fan of making New Year’s Resolutions. Don’t confuse that with setting goals. I’m definitely a proponent of goal-setting, but it seems to me that New Year’s Resolutions are mostly thrown by the wayside by the end of January. Case in point… right now, the local gyms are bursting at the seams, and it’s almost impossible to find an open treadmill or swim lane. So, I’ll avoid my gym for a few weeks, and around February 1, the crowds will thin out, and I can get back to my normal routine.
All that being said; I definitley have goals for the year, and they include:
- Shedding my “winter coat” (also known as the extra 10 lbs I gained eating all the yummy holiday treats)
- PR Half Marathon
- Place top 5 at Ironman Texas
- Place top 5 Ironman 70.3 Galveston
- Blog more regularly (should be easier with this new site)
As of right now, my 2015 race schedule looks like:
- 1/25 – Lake Benbrook Half Marathon
- 4/4 – Irving Half Marathon
- 4/26 – Ironman 70.3 Galveston
- 5/17 – Ironman Texas
- 6/28 – Ironman 70.3 BSLT
- 9/5 – PrairieMan 1/2 Iron Distance
- 9/27 – Ironman Chattanooga
- 11/14 – Long Course National Du Championship (Tx Motor Speedway)
I hope everyone has a great 2015, wherever your passions may take you.
See you at the races!